Snickerdoodle Protein Shake
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used ProFusion by Muscle-Link in Tahitian Vanilla)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional, I used PB2)
- 1 cup ice cubes
Blend and enjoy! =)
Vegan Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Squares
They’re om-nom-nom-tastic. And super healthy too! Makes 8 squares at 70 calories each.
1 small banana, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cup oats (I used Quaker Quick Oats)
2 large strawberries, diced (you can also substitute for raspberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
1. In a medium sized bowl, blend banana, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
2. In another larger bowl, mix oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Slowly add the banana mixture into the oatmeal mixture. Add the diced strawberries (make sure they’re fairly small pieces!)
4. Grease 6 by 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Scoop the mixture into there.
5. Optional step: Sprinkle sugar on top of the mixture.
6. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. They’re ready when they turn golden brown and no residue comes up when you poke them with a fork.
7. Let them cool for 20 minutes before cutting them up into squares.
8. ANNNND EAT!
Easy Fruit & Herb Flavored Water
- fruit — 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple…most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
- herbs — a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
- water (tap or filtered)
- iceDirectionsSupplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don’t pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) — Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) — Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT — Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE — Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY — Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Vegan Breakfast Salad
If it seems weird to eat salad for breakfast, just think of it as an un-blended green smoothie. Because that’s exactly what it is.